Science of Esthetics online Esthetics and Laser training will have the students go through four stages: Pre-Registering, Enrollment, Course Learning and Testing, and Completion/Graduation.
Stage 1: Pre-Registering Process
We invite all people from all walks of life to join us in this exciting adventure of new technology with the capability of learning from your home and at your convenience. Students who join us are experiencing a new standard of learning.
Under the governing board’s requirements, all applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Those wanting Esthetics training who are of ages 16 and 17 must have a parent/guardian consent signature on the Student Terms and Conditions Contract.
- Online students must have a strong self-motivation and a strong self-discipline in order to be successful.
- Students need to have the basic internet skills to navigate including software requirements, internet browser (Safari, Fire Fox, Internet Explorer), Adobe reader, and word processing (Word, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint).
- Courses can be accessed on the student’s smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC.
- Potential students can find an Assessment Questionnaire on the Home Page to evaluate their interest in Laser or Esthetics, their past work experience in the beauty industry, and if online training is the right fit for them. Once a school representative receives the Questionnaire, they will set up a 15-minute consultation to review their survey and answer questions about the courses and requirements.
- Students need to dedicate at least 2 hours a week of study. They will be expected to read, listen to lectures, visit websites and complete review worksheets.
Stage 2: Enrollment Process
At the time of enrollment, students must sign the Student Terms and Conditions Contract and pay fees, including the registration fee and course fee. The student kit is optional, but strongly advised so that the student may practice procedures at home. Course Descriptions and Hours:
1. Full Esthetician Theory Program- 120 hours; Open Enrollment
As Instructors, we saw many students who struggled with their schedules and families to complete the Esthetician program at school. We created this program because we want to help more students succeed and complete their education! This is a truly rewarding and enjoyable career! Every day you get to help people feel better about themselves! Let’s make school a little more convenient for you so you can get started on your path to becoming a skincare expert!
This program is directed at someone who is interested in becoming a licensed esthetician. It contains all the theory required by the Board of Cosmetology to obtain your Esthetician license. The program consists of 22 chapters, from sanitation, skin analysis, skin diseases, makeup theory, hair removal, cosmetic chemistry, anatomy, and business preparation. We have included the latest and greatest information that is out there, helpful diagrams and images, as well as the traditional information that is needed to help you pass your state board exam.
We know that students love demonstrations and we have included 7 instructional videos of the facial, chemical peel, microdermabrasion, LED light therapy, waxing, makeup, and body treatments.
We want you to feel like you are in the classroom with us, and so each of the chapters are voice recorded. Most of the lectures are broken down into 20 minutes sessions. We have created study worksheets, activities, and step-by-step protocols that can all be printed out. Upon completion, student will receive a Certificate in Esthetician Theory and Practical Training- 120 hours.
2. Skin Fundamentals Program- 36 hours; Open Enrollment
This program is directed to students who want to learn more about the skin to improve their current career. If you are a nurse, laser technician, permanent makeup artist, cosmetologist, makeup artist, perform eyelash extensions, massage therapist, or nutritionist who wants to learn more about esthetics, but not necessarily becoming licensed, this course is for you. We’ve pulled together the core of esthetics education. This program is 9 chapters including sanitation, skin consultations and evaluations, training in facials, theory and training in chemical peels and microdermabrasion, and product knowledge. It also includes teacher recorded lectures, demonstration videos, handouts, and reviews that prepare you for your certification in Skin Fundamentals. Upon completion, student will receive a Certificate in Esthetics Education – Skin Fundamentals 36 hours.
3. Body and Skin Artistry Program- 24 hours; Open Enrollment
This is for estheticians who need a refresher or additional training in body treatments, waxing, tinting, and makeup application. This is an 8-chapter program, including an introduction to nutrition and medical esthetics. It also includes instructional videos of a mud wrap, body scrub, body waxing, and day makeup application. All lectures are voice recorded. All handouts, protocols, and reviews are given to prep you for your certification in continuing education. Upon completion, student will receive a Certificate in Esthetics Education – Body and Skin Artistry 24 hours.
4. Frequently Missed Questions on the State Board Exam- Open Enrollment
This is for students who are about to graduate and are preparing for their written exams. We offer three different courses that will help students specifically prepare for the written exam:
a) State Board Practice Exams– In this course the student will receive two practice State Board Exams. Each exam contains 100-120 questions.
b) Frequently Missed State Board Exam Questions- Sanitation, Chemistry, Electricity & Machines- In the course the student will receive specific tutoring lectures on sanitation, chemistry, electricity and machines. Within the lectures, there are practice quizzes that help the student reflect and make sure they are retaining the information. We recommend taking notes and preparing your own flashcards in this course.
c) Frequently Missed State Board Exam Questions – Integumentary System, Skin Diseases & Disorders, Anatomy & Physiology- This course is for a student who is struggling to remember all the parts of the skin and body systems. The student will receive special tutoring lectures on all the Integumentary system, skin diseases and disorders, and anatomy and physiology. Within the detailed lectures are practice quizzes so that the student can reflect, helping to retain the information. We highly suggest making your own flashcards in this course.
Student Kit- To support the learning process and exceed academic standards, we provide a well-equipped student kit for the students to master their hands-on skills. The following can be purchased:
- Paper goods, implements and tools necessary for skincare treatments
- Sanitation and disinfection supplies
- Linens: towels, headbands, spa wraps
- Waxing kit and tools
- Tinting kit
- Makeup kit and tools
- Professional skincare and chemical peel kits from Circadia and ABI Dermaceuticals
Stefanie , Edie
Stefanie , Edie
Stefanie , Edie
Stage 3: Course Learning and Testing
We recommend spending at least 2 hours a week for adequate training. Understand that these are courses are more like a rental and expire after a certain amount of time (see list directly below). After that time has passed, you will no longer be able to access them.
Full Esthetician Theory Program will be available for 12 months.
The Skin Fundamentals Program and Body and Skin Artistry Program will be available for 8 months.
Frequently Missed State Board Exam Questions- each course will be available for 3 months.
SMART Laser Fundaments Program will be available for 3 months.
Laser Fundaments for Medical Director Program will be available for 3 months.
Students are encouraged to reach out to us if they have any questions about the lectures. They can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to them as quickly as possible and answer any questions that they may have.
Esthetics- Edie Buckheister and Stefanie Heaton
Laser- Larry Helwig
We have each been in this industry for more than 20 years. We come with knowledge, experience, and innovative ideas. We want to see students advance and take their education seriously. We want to produce the best Laser Technicians and Estheticians in the skincare industry. See the Instructor’s bio on the Instructor page for more information.
3. Keeping up to date
In this fast-passed industry, things are constantly changing. We as industry leaders want to keep up with the latest trends, new techniques, new products, and new equipment. We will update our site as trends change and new techniques become available.
4. Course Time Limit Extensions
There may be extenuating circumstances occasionally, which would necessitate an extension on the course time limit completion. You would need to request a consultation with a school representative to discuss a leave of absence.
5. Termination- A student may be terminated for the following reasons:
- After one initial written warning, any further inappropriate comments made to an Instructor. We want to present a program with mutual respect to both student and instructor.
- Violation of Copyright laws. Legal action for copyright infringement will occur (Fines range $750-$30,000).
- Falsification of credentials or hours.
- Suspicious behavior- long login times and excessive downloads of materials. Students will keep all materials confidential, and will not sell, auction, loan, rent, or give away to any other person or entity.
A student who is terminated will not receive a refund.
Stage 4: Completion/Graduation
Students will first complete a course evaluation that will be reviewed by a school representative. We will document and take into consideration all feedback and make necessary improvements.
Students who complete the Full Esthetician Theory Program, The Skin Fundamentals Program, Skin Artistry Program, SMART Laser Fundaments Program, or Laser Fundaments for Medical Director Program will receive a certificate in training.
- Employment- The following websites are good sources skincare career opportunities: