Science of Esthetics online Esthetics and Laser training will have the students go through four stages:
Pre-Registering, Enrollment, Course Learning and Testing, and Completion/Graduation.
Stage 1: Pre-Registering Process
We invite all people from all walks of life to join us in this exciting adventure of new technology with the capability of learning from your home and at your convenience. Students who join us are experiencing a new standard of learning.
Under the governing board’s requirements, all applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Those wanting Esthetics training who are of ages 16 and 17 must have a parent/guardian consent signature on the Student Terms and Conditions Contract.
- Online students must have a strong self-motivation and a strong self-discipline in order to be successful.
- Students need to have the basic internet skills to navigate including software requirements, internet browser (Safari, Fire Fox, Internet Explorer), Adobe reader, and word processing (Word, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint).
- Courses can be accessed on the student’s smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC.
- Potential students can find an Assessment Questionnaire on the Home Page to evaluate their interest in Laser or Esthetics, their past work experience in the beauty industry, and if online training is the right fit for them. Once a school representative receives the Questionnaire, they will set up a 15-minute consultation to review their survey and answer questions about the courses and requirements.
- Students need to dedicate at least 2 hours a week of study. They will be expected to read, listen to lectures, visit websites and complete review worksheets.
Stage 2: Enrollment Process
At the time of enrollment, students must sign the Student Terms and Conditions Contract and pay fees, including the registration fee and course fee. Payment plans are available, email us for more details. The student kit is optional, but strongly advised so that the student may practice procedures at home. Course Descriptions and Hours:
- Theory of Esthetics- 120 hours; Open Enrollment
- Skin Fundamentals Program- 36 hours; Open Enrollment
- Body Services and and Makeup Program- 24 hours; Open Enrollment
- Frequently Missed Questions on the State Board Exam- Open Enrollment. This is for students who are about to graduate and are preparing for their written exams. We offer three different courses that will help students specifically prepare for the written exam:
- a) State Board Practice Exams– In this course the student will receive two practice State Board Exams. Each exam contains 100-120 questions.
- b) Frequently Missed State Board Exam Questions- Sanitation, Chemistry, Electricity & Machines- In the course the student will receive specific tutoring lectures on sanitation, chemistry, electricity and machines. Within the lectures, there are practice quizzes that help the student reflect and make sure they are retaining the information. We recommend taking notes and preparing your own flashcards in this course.
- c) Frequently Missed State Board Exam Questions – Integumentary System, Skin Diseases & Disorders, Anatomy & Physiology-This course is for a student who is struggling to remember all the parts of the skin and body systems. The student will receive special tutoring lectures on all the Integumentary system, skin diseases and disorders, and anatomy and physiology. Within the detailed lectures are practice quizzes so that the student can reflect, helping to retain the information. We highly suggest making your own flashcards in this course.
Stage 3: Course Learning and Testing
We recommend spending at least 2 hours a week for adequate training. Understand that these are courses are more like a rental and expire after a certain amount of time (see list directly below). After that time has passed, you will no longer be able to access them.
Theory of Esthetics Program will be available for 12 months.
Skin Fundamentals Program and Body Services and Makeup Program will be available for 8 months.
Frequently Missed State Board Exam Questions- each course will be available for 4 months.
SMART Laser Fundaments Program will be available for 3 months.
Laser Fundaments for Medical Director Program will be available for 3 months.
Keeping up to date- In this fast-passed industry, things are constantly changing. We as industry leaders want to keep up with the latest trends, new techniques, new products, and new equipment. We will update our site as trends change and new techniques become available.
Course Time Limit Extensions- There may be extenuating circumstances occasionally, which would necessitate an extension on the course time limit completion. You would need to request a consultation with a school representative to discuss a leave of absence.
Termination- A student may be terminated for the following reasons:
1. After one initial written warning, any further inappropriate comments made to an Instructor. We want to present a program with mutual respect to both student and instructor.
2. Violation of Copyright laws. Legal action for copyright infringement will occur (Fines range $750-$30,000).
3. Falsification of credentials or hours.
4. Suspicious behavior- long login times and excessive downloads of materials. Students will keep all materials confidential, and will not sell, auction, loan, rent, or give away to any other person or entity.
A student who is terminated will not receive a refund.
Stage 4: Completion/Graduation
Students will first complete a course evaluation that will be reviewed by a school representative. We will document and take into consideration all feedback and make necessary improvements.
Students who complete the Full Esthetician Theory Program, The Skin Fundamentals Program, Skin Artistry Program, SMART Laser Fundaments Program, or Laser Fundaments for Medical Director Program will receive a certificate in training.
- Employment- The following websites are good sources skincare career opportunities: